SPF || Official Beginning of Summer

Monday, June 20, 2016

Photo from Tumblr
Hello!
I hope you are all well. I am so relaxed right now. My holidays have been great so far. I've caught up with all my friends, I went out a lot and most importantly, I slept a lot. hahaha. 

Months ago, I read a Korean Beauty book called "The Little Book of Skincare" by Charlotte Cho, co-founder of Soko Glam. I learned loads about skincare and one thing that was always repeated in the book was SPF. Sunscreen does wonders. It prevents wrinkles, dark spots, skin burn and so on. 

I have to say, I didn't apply sunscreen consistently until I read the book. Now, I apply it all the time, even when I am at home. If I'm going near a window, I will apply sunscreen.  I have to be honest with you. I always thought because I was black, my thick and dark skin would protect me, but I was wrong.

Sunscreen is everything. The book has a guide on what kind of sunscreen you should opt for, but the overall message is you have to use it. It doesn't matter if it is raining, cloudy or it is Winter, you have to protect yourself and your beautiful skin. 

Many people think that sunscreen is only useful when it is sunny, well girl, let me tell you. Although it is cloudy or raining, sun rays are still going to hit you. Now I know why my hyper-pigmentation won't disappear after months of properly taking care of my skin. My skin was being damaged every time I would leave the house. I have learned my lesson and I'll never forget to apply sunscreen. I won't let the sun damage my skin again. 


Do you apply sunscreen regularly? If yes, what sunscreen? #SPF4life

Expect me soon, babes.
XOXO, IF
Follow me on Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Snapchat: irynafboomi


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Omg, it's so cold here in Amsterdam. I don't know if the summer ever begins here. To be honest I use suncream always. It doesn't matter if the sun it up or not. I think it's always necessary to pretect your skin from any damaging lighting. Loved your blog hun and wish you a lovely week a head. We keep in touch.

    With love,

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am in Portugal and it is so sunny here! I am using sunscreen everyday and I even re-apply sometimes! Thanks you so much! Yes, we will! <3

      XOXO, IF

      Delete
  2. Great post, dear!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! ^-^

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You welcome, your blog is amazing! Definitely goals <3

      XOXO, IF

      Delete
  3. Wow! This post is very sexy I like it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe